Greg has an extensive background in business and employment-related matters in Holland and elsewhere in Michigan. He covers the entire life cycle of an enterprise, from formation through business succession planning, and has significant experience in all business-related matters.
Greg is an expert in employment law, representing both employers and employees. This focus includes wrongful termination claims and defense, overtime and minimum wage litigation and compliance (Fair Labor Standards Act), Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, sexual harassment, trade secrets litigation, non-competition agreements and litigation, employment agreements and severance agreements. Greg has close ties to the West Michigan community, devoting much of his time to serving on the boards of non-profit organizations.
- Juris Doctor degree, Wayne State University (cum laude)
- Bachelor of Arts degree, Albion College (cum laude)
Original Articles by Gregory J. McCoy
- New Wage Laws – Do you need to comply?
- EEOC now protects gay workers
- Is your Summary Plan Description up to date?
- Bullying in the workplace: a “hostile workplace”?
- Text Marketing Minefield: The TCPA
- Been Hacked? You Might Need to Tell Your Customers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ottawa County Bar Association, board member
- Kent County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in Michigan and U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- Licensed (registered status) certified public accountant, audit and tax
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence, Wayne State University
- “Damages for Breaches of Construction Contracts” (co-author), Michigan Law of Damages and Other Remedies, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2002
- “Limited Liability Companies in Michigan” (seminar)
Volunteer Associations and Memberships
- Center for Women in Transition, board of directors and treasurer
- Resthaven, former chairman of the board and treasurer
- Marigold Woods Home Owners Association, legal counsel
Hobbies and Community Activities
- Tennis (USTA)