Nick’s practice is primarily focused on business and corporate law, and estate planning. In the corporate arena, Nick regularly represents clients from Holland and elsewhere in Michigan in the areas of business formation, the buying and selling of a business, succession planning, shareholder disputes, and many other matters related to the general operation of an enterprise. “I also enjoy working with clients in creating an estate plan that enables them to plan for today as well as the future,” Nick said.
Nick’s estate planning practice includes full-service estate plan preparation, trust administration, probate avoidance, and tax planning. He is also well-versed in probate.
- Juris Doctor degree, Wayne State University Law School
- Bachelor of Science degree, Grand Valley State University
- Moot Court, Wayne State University Law School Program
Original Articles by Nicholas R. Dekker
- Why Certify Your Minority Owned Business?
- Light It Up Blue!
- Second Family Marriages
- Properly Title Your Business Assets to Avoid Probate
- What to Expect When Transferring A Liquor License
- Have Your Assets Increased In Value? Be Aware of the Taxes On a Sale
- What To Do About the Family Cottage
- Will You Be Able to Make Medical Decisions if Something Happened to Your Children?
- Second family marriages
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ottawa County Bar Association, board of directors
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business & Corporate, Probate & Estate Planning sections
- “Social Networking: Your Business Clients and Their Employees Are Doing It … Are You Advising Your Clients on How to Manage the Legal Risks?”, Michigan Business Law Journal, Summer 2010
Volunteer Associations and Memberships
- Board member and past president, Good Samaritan Ministries
- Zeeland Historical Society
- Leadership Holland graduate
- Free Legal Aid Clinic of Detroit (former)
- District Intern for Rep. Peter Hoekstra (former)